The Best Natural Mascaras for Length, Volume, and Fabulous Lashes
Having great lashes is a must. Bad clumpy, flakey mascara can ruin your look even if the rest of your eye makeup is flawless. Even if wearing a lot of makeup is not your thing a touch of the right mascara can really help make your eyes stand out.
Unfortunately, most popular mascara brands contain toxic and often irritating ingredients that you really don’t want anywhere near your eyes. Ingredients like coal tar dyes, parabens, phthalates, artificial colors and scents, petroleum byproducts. Luckily, there are some really great natural alternatives! This is what this blog is all about after all. Hee Hee. 😉
Here are some of my top picks.
The Best Lengthening Mascaras
If having super long, glossy, nicely separated lashes is your signature look then you will probably love these…
- Ultra Lengthening Fruit Pigmented Mascara from 100% Pure Cosmetics
- Organic Herb Mascara 99% Food-Grade from Dab Herb Makeup
- FlowerColor Natural Mascara from Ecco Bella
The Best Volumizing Mascaras
To get the thickest most gorgeous lashes naturally try out one of these brands…
- 100% Lash Natural & Organic Mascara from Root Cosmetics
- Infused Pure Soul Mascara from Afterglow Cosmetics
- Mineral Fusion Volumizing Mascara
The Best Waterproof Mascaras
This is a must for weddings, graduations, funerals (sorry but it’s true), workouts, and fun in the sun at the lake or beach.
- Mineral Fusion Waterproof Mascara
- Naturally Rooted Premium Organic Water Resistant Mascara
- Pacifica Beauty Aquarian Gaze Water Resistant Mascara
The Best Natural Mascaras for Pale Lashes
For you pale lashed gals – the naturally very light blondes, strawberry blondes, and redheads dark brown and black mascara is harsh and unnatural looking against your beautiful delicate coloring. So, you are much better off choosing a light brown or auburn mascara. These may seem hard to find but I actually was able to successfully find a couple of natural ones that are made just for you. 🙂
- Lengthening Mascara in Sable Brown from Real Purity Cosmetics
- Gingerlash Mascara from Redhead Revolution
- Mascara Naturelle from Just For Redheads
Tips for Beautiful Lashes:
- Curl your lashes first. Always do this prior to applying lash serums or mascara. Your lashes are more flexible and prone to breakage after applying serums or other lash products so if you curl always do that first.
- Apply lash serums before mascara. These not only help to condition your lashes but they also help make your curl and mascara last longer.
- Comb your lashes – apply one coat of mascara, comb your lashes and then proceed with a second or even third coat always combing between coats to prevent caking and clumping. You can also comb your lashes right before you curl them.